Thursday, October 28, 2010

Connection

Had to make a drawing of what the world of today is to me (for semiotics class). I decided I wanted to portray the connection between places far away from each other, caused by technology.
It hit me the other day when I was talking to my grandma in Iceland through Skype, and had recently designed a poster for my mom who is also in Iceland, that now a days when you move to a different country, you don't really go away. It's like having one foot in one country and the other foot in another one. If I would've moved to Spain 20 years ago I wouldn't have been able to read the icelandic newspaper, keep up with every single person I know there, see photos from every single party, talk to them and see them while I do so, or at least if I'd wanted to read the icelandic newspaper I'd had to wait a few days for it to arrive in the mail. But bottom line; the world is growing smaller and smaller, it doesn't matter how far away you are, you're never really that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment